Skip navigation

Financial Support

Find a course

Financial Support

Student Finance Officer

Clare Edmonds, the Student Finance Officer, is responsible for administering the bursary fund and the EMA scheme.

Clare can be found at Reception or you contact her via e-mail:

Financial support

Financial support

16-19 Bursary Fund

If you have difficulty meeting costs relating to your studies, for example books, equipment, transport, trips and visits, you may apply for financial assistance from the bursary fund.

This fund may also be used in exceptional cases for providing assistance with living expenses.

The fund is means-tested and you will be asked to provide documentary evidence of your financial circumstances in order to apply.

Students who are "looked after", care leavers who receive income support and disabled young people who receive both Employment Support and Disability Living Allowance may qualify for the full bursary.

The fund is administered by the Student Finance Officer who deals with all cases in a confidential manner.

Please find below the Bursary Initial Assessment Form, Bursary Fund Guidance Notes and Specific Items Claim Form which you may download, complete and send into the College's Student Finance Officer to apply for support.

Alternatively, please contact the Student Finance Officer and a hard copy can be sent to you.

Bursary Initial Assessment Form 2017-2018

Bursary Fund Guidance Notes 2017-2018

Bursary Specific Items Application Form 2017-2018

Education Maintenance Allowance

This is available to students whose usual address is in Wales.

You will be eligible if your household income is:

  • £20,817 per annum or less if there is one dependent child.
  • £23,077 per annum or less if there are two or more dependent children.

Payments of up to £30 per week are paid fortnightly into the student's bank account. You must attend all lessons in order to receive these payments.

Full details on how to apply ca be found at Student Finance Wales or you may collect a pack from the Student Finance Officer.

The EMA scheme for students who live in England has now closed.

More information

See Fees and Charges for more information about possible additional costs for courses.

If you are an overseas student, see Tuition Fees.