All students are encouraged to be reflective (with the help of a psychometric profiling programme) and to make informed, individual progression decisions.
University Applications - some facts and figures
The majority of our students go on to university, either straight from College or after a gap year.
There was a dip when the new tuition fee system was brought in but applications have bounced back as students recognise the value of the financial investment.
University Destinations 2017
- 608 students were offered places at university in 2017 (including former students).
- In almost every subject area, our students achieve a 100% university application success rate.
- 74% applied to a Russell Group university, 90% of those received at least one offer (2017).
- Over 200 students have applied to Oxford or Cambridge in the last 5 years. Our Oxbridge success rate is tremendous; 38% on average (the national average is less than 20%).
- Application success rate for medicine in 2017 was 83% (the national average is 36%).
- Application success rate for veterinary medicine in 2017 was 100% (the national average is 38%).
- Primary Teaching applications in 2017 were 93% successful (the national average is 54%).
- Nursing applications in 2016 were 82% successful (the national average is 45%).
My son has the chance to go to Imperial College, London or Durham University to study Chemistry. He has not only enjoyed studying at Hereford but has also taken part in other activities and made some good friends. We are very, very happy and extremely grateful to everyone at the College.
Apprenticeships and Employment with Training
2016/7 was another successful year for students progressing onto apprenticeships and jobs with training.
Competition for these places is often fierce and students were prepared for applications through the College Job and Apprenticeship Support Programme which includes work experience, an employment and training convention, CV and letter writing sessions, training provider open days, research support etc.
- Accountancy and Finance.
- Business and Administration.
- Engineering (2 degree apprenticeships).
- Health and Social Care.
Information about destinations is included in the Government Performance Tables.
Click here for information relating to Hereford Sixth Form College prior to March 2017.
Click here for information relating to Hereford Sixth Form College since March 2017.