Susan Wightman (née Tooby) (1977-1979)
Susan is a retired long distance runner who represented Wales and Great Britain during her career.
During her 20s she represented Great Britain in cross country, track and road running. Her biggest achievements being:
- the first female in Britain to break 70 minutes for the half marathon
- finishing 6th at the Commonwealth Games in 10,000m (1986)
- finishing 4th in the London Marathon (1988)
- representing Great Britain in the marathon in the Seoul Olympics finishing 12th (1988)
- representing Wales and Great Britain in the World Cross Country Championships on four occasions.
Whilst still competing, Susan worked as a part-time PE teacher. She is married to ex-international runner, Geoff Wightman and has three children and currently teaches at Fettes College, Edinburgh.