Hereteach - Schools Direct
Do you want to train to be a teacher?
Hereteach and the University of Worcester provide teacher training within a local partner school.
- Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School
- Fairfield High School
- Kingstone Academy
- Lady Hawkins’ High School & Sixth Form Centre
- St Mary’s R C High School
- The Hereford Academy
- Weobley High School
- Whitecross Hereford High School
- Wigmore School (Primary and High)
In order for trainees to experience post-16 teaching, we offer a short placement here at Hereford Sixth Form College through which we can offer:
- Observations of experienced A Level and BTEC teachers.
- Team teaching, assistant work or solo teaching.
- Professional Mentor – weekly meetings; drop-in support; observation.
- Subject Mentor – daily support; sharing good practice; observation.
- Teaching and Learning Development group – regular cross-college training and discussion of issues of pedagogy.
- Staff Development – other regular workshops.
- External Staff Development where appropriate.
Why train with Hereteach?
- Should there be a vacant post at the end of the course, an interview is guaranteed.
- A variety of teaching experiences in high quality schools.
- High retention rates for Teachers & NQTs.
- Collaborative & positive relationship with the University of Worcester.
- Bursaries available up to £25K.
A talk with Dr Mark Ratcliffe