The College is only open to our most vulnerable students (including those on EHCPs, or who are in care or have a social worker) and the children of key workers. All lessons will continue to run virtually for all students. The College opens at 9am. Please notify us before 10.30am if you wish to access the College past 12 noon so we can ensure facilities and access are available. The government has published a letter explaining how the summer grades will be calculated. The letter has been emailed to you and a link is in the news section of this website.
Skip navigation

Students Vote Overwhelmingly to Remain in the EU

Posted on 19th May 2016

EU Referendum

In anticipation of the forthcoming EU Referendum, Hereford Sixth Form College's well established Debates Society held a 'Question Time' style event and online vote, where students have chosen overwhelmingly in favour of remaining in the European Union.

It was a packed event where students on each side presented their respective cases and then faced questions from an audience of over a hundred students.

After a hard fought debate, the College-wide online poll resulted in 77% in favour of remaining to 23% in favour of leaving the EU.

Enrichment Co-ordinator Marco Martinelli said “The enthusiasm and arguments from both sides was a pleasure to see. It was a hard fought debate, but the result reveals a definite positive view of the British membership of the EU amongst young people”.  

Ed.