Virtual Open Event
Date: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Time: 5pm - 8pm
If you have your sights set firmly on university and beyond, Hereford Sixth Form College offers an exciting experience for you to discover. We are holding a Virtual Open Event on Wednesday 21st October at 5pm - 8pm for you to find out more about our facilities and the subjects you are interested.
Hereford Sixth Form College
What is a Virtual Open Event?
Hereford Sixth Form College is bringing you an opportunity to visit us from the safety of your own home. You can ask our tutors and many other Sixth Form staff questions that you might have which will help you find out more about our fantastic College.
Our Virtual Open Event will allow you to access:
- A live talk from our Principal, Peter Cooper, giving an informative presentation about the College
- An 'Expo' area where you can speak to our subject tutors and staff through a live chat
- Live talks and informative videos from each subject
- Online application links
- Information on careers advice, additional learning support, transport, enrichment activities, sporting academies, pastoral support and guidance, and more.
A Day in the Life of a Student
Virtual Open Event Expo
The following subjects and staff will be live in the Expo area of our Virtual Open Event for you to find out information about the subjects and the College:
- Classical Civilisation
- Computer Games Development and Cyber Security
- Computer Science
- Drama and Theatre
- English Language
- English Literature
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Science
- Health and Social Care
- History (Modern World / Medieval & Early Modern)
- Information Technology
- Media Production
- Media Studies
- Musical Theatre
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Physical Education
- Applied Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Travel and Tourism
- Vice Principal – for any additional queriesAdmissions Officer – for any admissions queries
- Careers – for any Careers advice
- Early Applicant Coordinator – Oxbridge/HE+/Reach Programme
- Applications for Medicine/Dentistry/Veterinary
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) Coordinator - for any EPQ queries
- Mathematics 4 Life
- Learning Support
- Pastoral Support & Guidance/Wellbeing
- Level 2 / GCSE Coordinator
- The Library
- Performing Arts Academy
- Sport Academies (Basketball, Football, Hockey, Netball, Rugby)
- allActive – Additional queries about sport at Hereford Sixth Form College
Applications for September 2021 will open on Monday, 19th October 2020. If you have any questions about the application process please email our Admissions Officer, Rhuna Young – firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note the live sessions with our teachers will not be available outside of the advertised open event date and time.
We hope you enjoy our Virtual Open Events. Applications for 2021 open on Monday, 19th October.
Virtual Open Event FAQs
What can I do at an Open Event?
Whether you’ve already applied or have no idea what you want to study yet, our virtual Open Events are perfect for you! You can get a real feel of student life by talking to our tutors, listening to our Principal talk about Hereford Sixth Form College and more. Tutors will also be on hand to explain in depth about courses and our Student Services team will also be available to offer advice on careers, transport, finance, wellbeing and more. You can also chat to our admissions team about your application.
Do I have to be there for the duration of the event?
Of course not! You can drop in at any time and stay for as long or as little as you wish.
How do I apply for a course?
Staff are on hand to help you with any questions about your application. You can apply online from 19th October 2020.
Do I have to pre-register to be able to come?
Yes, you will need to pre-register to receive information on utilising our Virtual Event. This means you will then be able to chat to our teachers who will be available between 5pm and 8pm on 21st October.
Does my entire family have to pre-register?
No, only prospective students are required to register to attend our Virtual Open Event.
Got a question that’s not been covered?
No problem! Just email Phil Tranter – Vice Principal with your query – email@example.com